I feel shy typing this mainly because it's been a hot minute and I don't even know where to start or whether to be cliche and say "I am reinventing myself and this version of AR clicks is coming from the mature mind of Aisha 2.0."
Silly right? I know.
Hiiiiiiiii!
Somewhere in between covid and figuring my life out, I forgot how to pause and enjoy the simple things in life like a cup of tea on a quiet Sunday morning, a solo date at the cinema on a random Tuesday afternoon, trying out a random activity just because I'd never done it and was curious about what it would be like.
You may or may not be wondering what happened to AR Clicks, and you may or may not be curious to find out why. Either way, I'm going to attempt to dig deep and find that whimsical, somewhat naive part of myself and tell you some of what has been happening since 2020.
For those who are new here, my name is Aisha, and like many young adults, I needed a creative outlet to share bits of my life and, mainly, my photography journey. So, I took to the internet and started my Instagram page and somehow that led to this blog being created in 2013. Since its creation, I have shared bits of my photography journey and random life stories with not much direction. Honestly, I don't know what the aim of the blog was but I very much enjoyed writing my thoughts and posting it, even if only a handful of people read it. Now the OG's know I have never been that consistent with the blog *side eye*, I like to think of my blogging as "seasonal". But whenever inspiration hit, I'd come on here and ramble or just write something short and disappear for months. To me it was always about having fun, being myself while talking about my life and sharing photographs.
With that said, my hiatus was unintentional, covid happened then I got into public service and my work basically took over my life. The little free time I had, I wanted to spend it with family and friends. I went from taking 50 plus photos every week to 30, then 20, then 10, and now it's a miracle if I get two good images per month. (I am obviously exaggerating, but you get the gist). Slowly (and I am not sure when) my cameras found their home in a bag in the corner of my wardrobe, collecting dust and somewhere along the way, my curiosity shifted and I stopped noticing the little details of a wide range of things that I used to look out for. My photography instead took a slight turn and I found myself mainly capturing the little moments with my loved ones using my phone camera.
However, I am not here to narrate a sappy sad story because a lot of other good things have happened.
For starters I have come a long way from intern no experience Aisha to an HR professional doing small small big girl things. Honestly I lowkey underestimate my achievements mainly because of the work environment, I sometimes forget to celebrate my wins. But yeah big girrrrl! I also got married about 2 years ago, which has made me do a lot of growing up (shoutout to my mansss). Then I got promoted at work and since then I have slowly started moving in a certain direction with my career.
Side note: I am not so sure why we were so eager to grow up.
That aside, the one thing I have established after T-pain dealt with me *phew* is that I need to revive my creative outlet, which is why we are here today.
AR clicks has always be dear to me and I owe it to myself to bring it back, but this time with a little more direction (as per mature big babes). I have realized that I don't like it when I apply pressure on myself to create, particularly now that we live in a world where everything seems to be about the views, numbers and what's trending, I want to be able to create meaningful work and share words that people connect and relate to.
Although I haven't ironed out the details of Aisha 2.0, I know I want to bring back the things I love so my work life can be less consuming because God knows I have slowly started removing my emotions from my workplace and treating everything as just work and nothing personal. And LET ME TELL YOU BAYBEEEEEEE, I am at peace and my anxiety levels have dropped a lot since adopting that mentality.
Anyway enough with the negative Betty, you might not see her anytime soon. The plan is in motion and insha Allah, I look forward to bringing you along as I figure this version of AR clicks out.
Bye for now.
This version of AR clicks is coming from the mature mind of
Aisha 2.0
xx
P.s I got butterflies when I decided it was time to come back to AR clicks.
No comments
Post a Comment